and technology-based organisations have their main output in the
form of intellectual property (IP) along with regular products.
Such organisations thus have various relationships with third parties
which involve access to and use of IP. It is important to both the
organisation’s suppliers and its customers to make sure that
these relationships are on a proper basis. This objective is therefore
central to IP-solutions for such organisations. Solutions provided
by Southern Cross comprise the following services:
- Assistance in the identification of
- Subsequent advising on and protecting
- Advising on negotiations for licences,
exploitation or acquisition agreements relating to IP;
- Monitoring and dealing with infringement
of the client’s IP;
- Conducting and managing IP litigation.
product development or manufacturing businesses, protection from
imitation and ensuring competitive advantage would assume a high
priority. Assistance by Southern Cross would involve:
- Developing and implementing plans to
protect the key inventions;
- Monitoring competitive research in the
- Handling opposition and revocation actions
against the business’s patents;
- Assistance in negotiating licence agreements;
- Assistance in negotiating joint development
- Identifying and pursuing infringers.
Please see About Us for a list of technical fields
bearing relation to cases handled by Southern Cross in recent years.
Southern Cross, 2003-2020